Since I decided that I'd change my major to textile designs I thought it would be fitting to work on some patterns, this is one of the felt patterns I began.
I started construction of a needlepoint project from a self portrait that may be familiar to some of my long time readers...this is a sneak peek from weeks ago but it's almost complete now.
I bought some fabric (100 % cotton), some dye (in primary colors), and I mixed them so that I could hand dye some fabrics at home then paint patterns on them later. It wasn't nearly as messy as I thought it be and I enjoyed doing it.
This is one of my favorite hand painted patterns I worked on, of course I've finished it now but since this is just a peek I posted the the incomplete picture.
I also have two other projects in the works and as soon as I get my camera fixed I'll take some better pictures of the completed projects above to share. (I have to use my blackberry camera so I apologize for the poor quality)
As always thanks for reading!