Saturday, July 19, 2008

I think we've got the swing of things

Finally, we've come to our last post in what's turned out to be a "series" on doors. We couldn't talk about doors and not look at the most common type...swing doors. Now there are two options when it comes to swing doors, those that just open and close, and those that actually swing back and forth. I don't know that I'd want a true back and forth swing door in my home but to each it's own. Check out my picks of open and close swing doors, once again these doors are courtesy of Albed and Bartels. These doors display varying styles ranging from frosted glass to colored glass, and from ebony stain to grass cloth.






I really like the design element above, they've faced the walls and doors with the same material so that it flows seamlessly, you'd barely know a door was there were it not for the handle.


I hope you've enjoyed checking out all the doors, they can really be a great way to update and change your space. Often times I talk about less expensive and more interchangeable ways that make a difference but a door is a commitment you'd have to make to your design style because they are too expensive to change out on a regular basis. However, the next time the opportunity knocks for you to make a change, answer it with a beautiful door that's just your style.

1 comment:

She Draws said...

Well I happen to think that doors play a big role to any space. Sometimes the door itself or the absence of a door. These are all really beautiful doors. Great Post!