Thursday, May 17, 2007

Andy Warhol's Work

If you frequent this blog I'm sure you've heard me reference "pop art" on many occasions. It happens to be one of my favorite art types and many people cannot mention pop art without the name Andy Warhol (August 6, 1928 — February 22, 1987)being mentioned as well. There are countless sites dedicated to his work and replicas of his work, ideas, and influences. Just recently Warhol's work titled "Green Car Crash (Green Burning Car I)" was auctioned for a whopping $71 million dollars! The auction, in which there was post war and contemporary art for sale, took in almost $385 million dollars making it the second most profitable art auction ever held. Re: Yahoo Entertainment click here for full story and image of the artwork)

I've featured some of Warhol's other famous works below you can also visit the site for his museum, The Warhol.

Andy Warhol's 1962 silkscreens of Marilyn Monroe

"Judith Green" by Andy Warhol


"George Gershwin" by Andy Warhol

"Mammy" by Andy Warhol




Below is my latest edition to my original pop art collection you can also view some of my other work here.

No comments: