Thursday, February 7, 2008

As Seen on TV..."Say my Name"

While I was doing my post last night I started thinking about something I'd said; I can't tell you how many times I've been watching some random movie, show, or video and I take notice of the great design and classic furniture pieces that I spot. I thought it would be fun to share these things, so today I introduce to you the first of many posts that I'd like to call "As Seen on TV".

We're going all out for our first edition so I'm going to highlight 5 iconic pieces of furniture all featured in one of my favorite song's from high school ( I can't believe it's been eight years, geesh)..."Say My Name" by Destiny's Child. One other thing I must add is how I immediately fell in love with the video because of the contemporary room settings and bold colors, enjoy!

Planter coffee table, Warren Planter, 1966
Case Study Day Bed, John Entenza, 1945
Eileen Gray side table, Eileen Gray, 1927
Eames Sofa Compact, Charles and Ray Eames, 1954


Eames Molded Plastic Side Chair (Eiffel Chairs), Charles and Ray Eames, 1948


And as always for your viewing pleasure...check out the video in motion and the great design it encompasses!


DESTINY'S CHILD - SAY MY NAME
Video sent by hushhush112

No comments: