Sunday, April 22, 2007

Be a tourist in your own city...


On Saturday I decided I wanted to go site seeing, I thought it would be nice to check out some art and architecture right here at home. I went to downtown Baton Rouge, LA and toured two local museums, I also took a tour of our old state capital building (pictured right). Here are a couple of pictures from my day out.



The ceiling was covered in multi-colored stain glass. (left)



There was a spiral stairwell made of wood and metal that lead to the second story of building, but the pictures came out way to dark therefore I didn't post them




Even the door hinges were full of ornate detail (top) and I loved the fact that the black and white tile marble floors were throughout the main atrium of the building (bottom) . It was a pleasant surprise to see that contemporary touch that fancied my love of modern design, mixed with such traditional architecture.

While walking downtown I saw this building front that I thought was beautiful...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the copper door frames!

No comments: